Friday, May 13, 2011
Since I have to be familiar with the technology and terms used in Dr. Cottingham's class and study, I reviewed from my psychology book from the independent study I did with Mrs. Bennett. I also reviewed my abilities with excel that I learned from AP stat. Dr. Cottingham also has material she wants me to review from books from her classes she teaches at Rider University so that I will understand the classes I sit on in, and be able to contribute more to the study than if I had no knowledge of the software. Last time we met, she began to explain some of the technical software typically used in psychology and the different skills AP stat has taught me that I will need in pursuing my major of psychology in college. One of the reasons I love this internship so much is because Dr. Cottingham is teaching me skills that I will have to learn next year, so I will already have a strong grasp on them and really be able to do well in my classes. It also is giving me a lot of exposure to the field, even though this is not the exact type of psychology I want to pursue, all the fields are linked and will use the same basics or research and development.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment